Friday, June 13, 2008

"Should _ bet it! They were gettin 7.5"

This is the entire text I received after my "celts by 8" text, "4 the game? If so, strong words. Should _ bet it! They were gettin 7.5."

I didn't respond. Frankly, I got lucky with that prediction "celts by 8." There was no doubt before the game, even with Rondo's ailing ankle, that the C's could win the 2008 NBA Finals game 4 by under 10. So I took a stab and was off by 2.

If you bet, I'm not liable.

It would be nice to have LA win Game 5 (maybe 12 or less creating some drama) simply to watch the C's celebrate on their home floor, raising champagne to their 17th World Championship. ALTHOUGH after watching this series, there is no doubt in my mind that the Boston Celtics could easily close this NBA Finals out on Sunday, Game 5 in Los Angeles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so you're saying the Celtics will throw a game to celebrate at home...

Anonymous said...

They could REST players if needed. Rondo, Perkins & (maybe) Pierce are all banged up. I wouldN'T "throw" the game. But there's no doubt the C's are winning this _ Jeff