Thursday, June 12, 2008

former Phoenix Sun

I just got an e-mail from a good friend who used to play for the NBA's Phoenix Suns.

This is his response to my question, "Is there any credence to believe the 'conspiracy theory' that referees are fixing games per order of the NBA?"

His response:

"I've never HEARD anything specifically, but I HAVE to believe there have been times where something wasn't right. Would be very difficult to do without being obvious, but possible, I'm pretty fed up with the direction of sports anyway (especially professional, but not ONLY)!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This kind of goes along with this post and your best player survey. While I don't like him I voted for Jordan. However, this referee/conspiracy theory brings to light many, many, many of the calls that went Jordan's way or didn't get called even though Jordan committed an offensive foul. Would he have been nearly as good if he didn't get every call or no call?

gangsplatt