Tuesday, August 5, 2008

OLYMPICS

I grew up watching the summer Olympics as a family.

I loved the 100 meter, as guys battled for the title of "World's Fastest Human." Carl Lewis was my favorite Olympic athlete.

I remember watching Roy Jones Jr. ripped off by the judges in the '88 Seoul Olympics.

But my personal highlight came when I was a junior in high school and the original dream team tasted gold in 1992. The USA men's basketball team featured the greatest all-star line up ever. (Although that team included a stiff from Duke ... I supposed they needed someone to carry their bags and fill the water bottles.)

Bring on the Olympics; EVEN if they are in China.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christian Donald Laettner (born August 17, 1969 in Angola, New York) is a retired American professional basketball player and entrepreneur who played 13 seasons in the NBA. He starred for the 1991 and 1992 NCAA champion Duke University Blue Devils. He is considered one of the greatest collegiate players of all time...guess he did a little more than fill water bottles and carry bags!