Sunday, June 15, 2008

I called it @ 10:44 PM.

Rondo had just hit a baseline jumper to tie the game at 62 early in the 3rd quarter; and I declared the Celtics would celebrate their 17th championship on the home floor of the Los Angeles LAKERS.

My moments of anxiousness proved to be well-founded as my "media credibility is on the line not that I had given any to you yet." SM, AL

The C's tried to put the proverbial "nail" in the coffin; but instead shot 1 for 8 from 3 in the 3rd.

The pressure seemed to get to Rondo as the "Interested-insiders" cried for #50, Eddie House, to enter, having Pierce run the point/offense through him every time.

"Garnett needs to com in or it's over." DD, NY

I told my brother-in-law to look for Kobe to get the calls down the stretch.

Within seconds KG & Pierce consecutively were called for their 5th personal fouls with 3:31 left in the game, down 1, 92-91.

"Great. Dumb foul by Pierce." JF, MA

KG did not look good down the stretch. He missed 2 foul shots and was out rebounded by Gasol.

Pierce gets "stripped" by Kobe (foul. Foul. FOUL!), who dunks the ball and LA goes up by 4 with 37.4.

"It was totally a foul. MVP gets calls." DJ, CO

KG had a chance to dunk or tip in Ray Allen's miss; but missed the shot all together. Tough loss for KG.

I admit I was wrong; but BRING ON GAME 6.

at 11:16 "Your original predication is looking pretty good." DJ, CO
My original prediction was LA by 7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Secretly I was hoping they would make it back to Boston for a game 6..yes i do want the C's to win it all but for the past 2 World Series and of course the many Superbowls...Boston fans have not been able to watch the home team win it all on the home turf...so here we are...back in the Garden. Let's raise anothah banner!

Anonymous said...

I agree; but since I'm on vaca. I was hoping they'd close it out as we have plans Tues. _ Jeff